Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail has reported yet another outstanding quarterly performance. The company posted its highest-ever quarterly sales in Q1FY23 at Rs. 2875 Cr, up 254% YoY. EBITDA jumped 51% over pre-COVID levels to Rs.500 Cr. A sharp recovery in demand across categories and a strong preference for our portfolio of brands led to robust quarterly performance. Aggressive store expansion, accelerated E-commerce, and omnichannel play have been key drivers of growth in the quarter.
The key highlights of the quarterly performance are as follows:
- EBITDA Margin expanded by 130 bps over pre-COVID levels to reach 17.4% in Q1 FY23
- Ecommerce sales grew 56% YoY
- The omni-channel network has been expanded to more than 1600 stores and is one of the largest in the country.
- Lifestyle brands – Revenue grew 51% over pre-COVID levels to Rs. 1519 Cr., while EBITDA grew 40% to Rs. 266 Cr., on the back of retail L2L growth and aggressive expansion of retail stores.
- Pantaloons – Business achieved highest-ever Q1 revenues of Rs.1027 Cr, while EBITDA grew 33% over pre-COVID levels.
The table below captures the financial performance at a glance. The detailed press release is also attached for your reference.