Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India conducts Road Safety Awareness Campaign in New Delhi
New Delhi, 18th, May 2023: Re-emphasizing the need to build a culture of safe riding habits in India, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) took forward its National Road Safety Awareness Campaign in New Delhi.
Road Safety is a global priority for Honda. Through this three-day camp at Universal Public School, HMSI spread awareness on safe riding practices to more than 2,300 school students and staff members. HMSI’s road safety instructors utilized the age-appropriate road safety learning programs to enhance the retention of road safety awareness among all.
Speaking on HMSI’s commitment towards building a collision-free India, Mr. Vinay Dhingra – Senior Director, HR, Admin, IT & Corporate Affairs, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India said, “Children are the road safety ambassadors of today and the future as well. The right knowledge on road safety at this age will develop their mind to be responsible road users. As a part of our National Road Safety Campaign, we intend to cover all walks of life to create road safety awareness across the country.”
HMSI’s National Road Safety Awareness program made learning fun yet scientific through:
- INTERACTIVE SESSION: HMSI’s specially trained road safety instructors educated 5 to 10 years old about the do’s and don’ts while commuting in a school bus and cycling.
- PRACTICAL LEARNING: 11 – 12 years old learnt how to ride their bicycle safely, their duties as a pillion on two-wheeler and importance of safety gear on roads. To make this learning more practical and fun, kids got hands-on learning experience on the specially imported CRF50 motorcycles.
- SCIENTIFIC THEORY LEARNING MODULE: Safety riding theory session on road rules & regulations, road signs & markings, driver’s duties on the road, riding gear & posture explanation and safe riding etiquette was conducted for 13 to 17 years old as well as for staff.
- EXISTING DRIVERS HONING RIDING SKILLS: School staff members who are already existing riders tested and honed their learnings through theoretical as well as practical training on a two-wheeler.
- LEARNING WITH FUN: To ensure that the young students could learn more about road safety, HMSI also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on a daily basis.
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India’s CSR Commitment towards Road Safety:
For Honda globally, road safety comes first. As announced in April 2021, “Honda will strive for zero traffic collision fatalities involving Honda motorcycles and automobiles globally by 2050”. Fulfilling its corporate social responsibility (CSR), HMSI has been promoting road safety in India since its start in 2001. Working towards the realization of Honda’s global safety vision, today HMSI’s road safety awareness initiative has already spread to more than 50 lac Indians. Its team of skilled safety instructors conduct daily programs at its 10 adopted traffic parks across India and 6 Safety Driving Education Centers (SDEC).
Not only this, all HMSI’s 1000+ dealerships across India spread road safety awareness. HMSI’s proprietary virtual riding simulator increases the risk-prediction ability of riders; while new customers too are given predelivery safety advice (PDSA) before they start riding at every dealership across India.
Additionally, ensuring that learning does not stop in the new normal, HMSI started the digital road safety education initiative – Honda Road Safety E-Gurukul. Since its start in May’20, this initiative has sensitized more than 8 Lac Indians on the importance of being aware & responsible road users.