India, October 2021: Home Economics an American heartwarming comedy series about three adult siblings witnessed huge success across continents early this year. The series was one of the most highly anticipated sitcoms coming out of 2021. It successfully grabbed attention of millennials and generation Z globally and got renewed for a second season. The series did exceptionally well in India as well. Lionsgate Play, the premium streaming service, will be hosting premier of Home Economics season 2 in India on Friday, 8th October 2021.
Created by Michael Colton and John Aboud is based on three adult siblings of the Hayworth family who have different financial backgrounds. The 7- episode series starring Topher Grace, Caitlin McGee and Jimmy Tatro is a binge worthy comedy drama. The series dives into sibling relationships where one is ultra-rich, other is middle class, and third one is barely holding on. Home Economics season 1 was a filled with love, laughter, and awkward conversation about money amongst the siblings. The season 1 of this is slice of life comedy series was well received by critics and viewers across the globe which resulted in a second season.
Some rave reviews received by top publications for both seasons:
- Tell Tale TV “Oftentimes, a show’s sophomore outing can be clunky in trying to find its footing again. Home Economics easily sidesteps that common pitfall with this strong and savvy premiere”
- People “…. One of the nicest new sitcoms in a while.”
- Variety- Home Economics’ is a rare look at class on TV: Review “There are definitely stories ‘Home Economics’ is equipped to tell that hit of the recent past wouldn’t touch…”
- Decider- “… the makings of a really good show” “…the cast has a good chemistry together, and we can immediately see the family dynamic between the Hayworth siblings…”
- The Hollywood Reporter-The kids appear to be solidly cast, one of the hallmarks of the ABC family comedy brand.” “…the balance between siblings’ meanness and sibling love handled well…”
- E News- “Topher grace on recapturing the Magic of That 70s show Home Economics”
- TV Guide Magazine- Cheers to Home Economics for sewing up an A+ Ensemble”
You can download Lionsgate Play on Google Play Store, Apple app store and Amazon Firestick and watch recent releases like The Father, Dr. Death, Vigil, WeWork Documentary and more at INR 99 and INR 699 respectively.