January 16, 2023: The University of Birmingham Dubai is now inviting applications from Indian students for their MSc Water Resource Management programme for the January 2023 and September 2023 intake.
MSc Water Resource Management at the University of Birmingham Dubai is a globally respected degree taught by world leaders in their fields. This programme will introduce key principles of water management and solutions to help in achieving the UN Sustainable Development goals relating to clean water and sanitation. It equips students with training in key transferable skills and interdisciplinary understanding while exploring water problems in Dubai and surrounding regions. The degree embraces sub-disciplines covering the atmosphere and hydrosphere, including environmental governance, health and policy.
Extended project work provides opportunities for students to develop wider skills which help them advance quickly in their future careers.
The MSc Water Resource Management Programme is delivered through a combination of seminars, lectures, class discussions, group work, case study analysis, and presentations. Assessments will take the form of individual essays, group assessments, end-of-term examinations and a dissertation.
Students will be assigned a personal tutor to provide academic support as well as consultations to make efficient use of time in Birmingham. They will also benefit from small class sizes and personalized one-to-one sessions with their tutors.
Course dates: January 2023 and September 2023
- A good undergraduate Honours degree (2:1 or higher) in a cogent subject; or 2:2 with relevant work experience from a UK university or equivalent from recognised institutions in India
- IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
Application process and deadline: Applications for January 2023 and September 2023 are open, apply early to avoid disappointment. There is no application fee.
Tuition: AED 125,869 (appx USD 34,270)
For more details please visit: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/study/courses/postgraduate/water-resources-management.aspx
The following documents are required at the time of application:
- Academic transcript(s) for all prior degrees – originals or certified photocopies
- Personal Statement, approximately 5000 characters, explaining why you are interested in studying in your chosen programme
- One academic reference (or if appropriate, it could be from the applicant’s employer)
- Certificate to show competency in the English language if English is not your first language and you have already taken a test (not mandatory to submit at the time of application). Students can be considered for a waiver on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants may be required to submit further documents in support of their application.
Scholarship: Scholarship options at the University of Birmingham Dubai are designed to benefit all students and the financial rewards can be carried forward through the entire programme across the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. For January 2023 and September 2023 entry, the university is offering scholarships of up to 40% to Indian students based on academic performance.